The Source and Resource for Construction Financial Professionals
Panel Discussion on Constructing a Culture of Suicide Prevention
Hosted by CFMA National
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month — a time to raise awareness on this stigmatized, and often taboo, topic. The construction industry has the highest number of suicides and the highest suicide rate of any industry. As such, it is an industry imperative for contractors, unions, project owners, and industry service providers to address suicide prevention in construction as a safety priority.
Join fellow CFMA members from across the country for a virtual panel discussion. Panelists will share their experiences implementing mental wellness and suicide prevention education and initiatives in their companies so that participants can explore their own next steps.
The learning objective is to recognize how different sized companies have developed a culture of suicide prevention and determine what resources will work for you to:
• Start the conversation
• Normalize the conversation
• Continue the conversation
• Effectively integrate with the field
• Doug Audiffred, CFO, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
• Steve Frost — Safety Manager, Howard S. Wright
• Michelle Walker — VP of Finance & Administration, SSC Underground
• Patsy Anderson-Dunn — CFO, Grow Construction LLC
Address:20960 S. Frankfort Square Road, Suite BFrankfort, IL 60423